​Quality custom & restoration sheet metal work & repair

​Over all its cleaning up nicely

​It fits & lines up well.

​With the old roughed out damage I welded in the new lower lip.

​Rear up right supports & spacer blocks.

​It was tig tacked into place then a major part of the welding was done.

​The circled & non shinny spot all will need work typical old vehicle lot of dents, dings & rust out.

​Just sitting on the lower fender extension.

​With a bunch more hammer dolly & shrink disc work they a starting to clean up real nice.

​Then marked & cut out the bad section, with a little more trimming I will fit in the replacement panel.

​A paper template was made then the steel was marked & cut to size, the outer edge & lip was ok so I stayed inside that area to make the repair easer & help retain shape.

​The inner front fender support brace need to be reinstalled rust preventative paint was applied first.​

​Some hammer & dolly work & its coming wright up.

First thing is to remove the upper inner support brace. Notice the bondo left after it was blasted and the rust thru section.

​Fully tig welded & ground clean inside & out now its hammer & dolly time to work out the distortion from the heat.

​Inner section of fender & inner side of support were painted with rust preventative paint then plug welded in place & ground clean.

​I had to slice it open in multiple places & move it in any where from 1/8 on the ends to 3/8 of an inch in the center to fit decent.

​I then did the rest of the hammer, dolly, & shrink disc work lastly reinstalling the inner brace after I painted under the brace area with rust preventive paint.

​Fenders just setting on the jig.

​The inner brace was made just like the left side.

​Front to rear lineal supports.

​A little back tracking now I had started working on the fenders before I made the adjustable jig  so here after roughing out the left fender I made a pattern for the replacement panel. Then laid it out on some AKDQ steel.

Just like the left side the outer panel was  formed then clecoed in place for tig welding.

​1950 Ford Pick Up Front Fenders

​Over all fit an alignment is nice.

The brace was plug welded in then the welds were ground clean.

​Fits great & cleaned up real nice.

​Flange was turned on my Baileigh bead roller.

​A little more tweaking & it will be ready to weld to the fender

After a bunch of rough forming, shaping stretching & shrinking it is starting to take some shape. I decided to make the bottom lip in a separate piece. ​​

​Theses front fenders are a mess lots of previous damage bad repair & rust thru.

​Some ones back yard hack repair.

​After marking the fender the rusted section was cut off & the new replacement was clecoed into place.

​Using my Baileigh shrinker & stretcher I formed the panel to match the running board shape.

​After market fender extensions don't fit .

​Yes its ugly now its my turn to fix them real nice this is the left front to start with.

​Mostly tig welded & ground clean

​The right side also need inner & outer patches.

More tig tacks in between the tacks.

​Left running board mount area needs replacement.

​It is a lot easer to see how the new panel will fit with the fender mounted on the jig fixture & much easer to make sure both fenders match. Just a little more work & then for the under side lip section.

After some good old hammer & dolly work the dents & wrinkles are starting to come out.

Some light sanding with a block & the old damage shows up better.

​Rear lower bolt areas where the fenders bolt to the cowl.

After all the hammer, dolly and clean up grinding the out side looks nice.

​All the tack welds were ground smooth both out side & inside then some hammer, slap & dolly work to stretch up the shrinkage from welding.

​I am always rebuilding or repairing fenders , doors, hoods & trunk lids so I made a universal repair jig fixture, first project on it these 50 Ford pu fenders. This will make it a whole lot easer to keep things concentric & square.

​The brace & inner fender area were painted with rust preventative paint.

​The current welds were ground fairly smooth both out side & inside so some hammer & dolly work can be done to keep the warpage from the heat under control.

​After clecoing in the new panel then it was tig tack welded in place.

​A pattern was made the a piece of flat stock was cut.

​I have finished these & the happy customer has picked them up.

​The right side spliced open then fit & start tacking together

If you wish to discuss your current or up coming project car or truck best way please feel free to call shop phone 425 433 0294 Best Way small projects to major turn key builds.​​

​Danny Pascoe.

​Now its finesse out the heat warpage as usual. 

​The inner brace had to be removed so I could metal finish the outer  panel patch area and it was de rusted then painted with rust preventive paint.

​The lower flange is close.

​Tig welding up all the splices then grinding them smooth to get ready for hammer & dolly work.

​It was clecoed with holding tabs for alignment then marked for cut out.

​The non shinny area need's some work its low.

​Front anchor brackets. I built the jig to be very  universal & adjustable.

​After cutting out the damage the inner brace was ok except for some rust nothing thru.

​The inner brace can now be removed.

​Time for some panel  repair this shot was taken before mounting on my panel jig

​I made a new inner support brace.

​It was ground clean then hammered & dollied.

​Its rock solid now it will be easer to rebuild lots of different panels & have them locked into place & super easy acess to the work areas. This spot was hammer& dollied out.

​This is the start of the lower lip flange that the front fender extensions bolt to.